Baked Pork Chop Recipes
I love pork chops in oven.
How to bake pork chops?
I am sure many of you have had dry, tough and rubbery recipes with the pork tasting like a shoe.
To get tender oven baked pork chops with juicy meat, you need to know how long to bake, at what temperature and the baking time.
My easy recipe takes only 5 minutes prep time and calls for only four (4) ingredients:
- Bone-in center cut pork chops
- Dry rub
- Unsalted butter
- Thyme or other herbs such as parsley, rosemary or oregano.
The recipe yields tender pork chops in oven for the entire family.
All you have to do is just shake, mix all the ingredients together and the oven will do the all the work!
Other Recipes You Might Like
How to Make Baked Pork Chops?
This is an easy recipe that calls for simple ingredients and method.
My homemade dry rub is a great seasoning and marinade for pork chops. It adds amazing flavors.
First, prepare a baking tray and place the pork chops. Add melted butter, dry rub and thyme together.
Mix all the ingredients together and bake in the oven and you will have the most amazing pork dinner!
Oven Baking Tips
For moist, juicy and tender results, please follow my tips and techniques below:
- For bone-in pork chops about 1-inch thick, bake at 425°F for 12 minutes. The internal temperature of cooked pork should be 145°F (62°C).
- For boneless pork chops about 1-inch thick, bake at 425°F for 10 minutes.
- If you don’t have a thermometer, check doneness of the pork by cutting a slit in the middle.
- For 1-inch thick pork loin chops, there is NO NEED to turn them over while baking. You want to keep one side of the pork tender, moist and juicy.
Why Are Baked Pork Chops Tough?
There are two main reasons for tough and dry results.
- The oven temperature is too high.
- Roasting and baking for too long in the oven.
Bake for 12 minutes at 425°F is the golden rule. However, no pork chops are exactly of the same thickness.
If you have a thicker pork chops that is over 1-inch thick, you should increase the baking time by a few minutes.
You can also use an a meat thermometer to measure the internal temperature. If you don’t have it available, just use a knife to cut a slit in the deepest part of the pork to check doneness.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Many Types of Pork Chops?
There are five types available in the market: porterhouse, ribeye, sirloin, center cut and blade chops.
For home cooking, it’s best to get center cut chops (sometimes known as New York pork chops).
Can I Use Boneless Pork Chops for this Recipe?
Yes, you sure can.
Boneless pork chops with the same thickness will work.
Do You Cover Oven Baked Pork Chops While Baking?
You don’t have to cover them if you are baking at 425°F for 12 minute. You want the heat to cook the surface while retaining the juice inside.
The chops will remain tender and juicy if you follow the instructions in the recipe card.
Can I Use Frozen Pork Chops?
To ensure tender oven baked pork chops, I don’t recommend baking frozen pork chops because they will become tough.
Thaw the frozen chops at room temperature before trying this recipe.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 288 calories per serving.
What to Serve with this Recipe?
Serve this dish with side dishes. For a healthy meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1 1/2 lb. bone-in center cut pork chops (3 pork chops)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons homemade dry rub
- 1 teaspoon chopped thyme
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a baking tray, add the butter, dry rub and thyme to the pork chops. Make sure both sides of the pork chops are nicely coated.
- Bake the pork chops for 12 minutes, or until the meat is fully cooked (internal temperature of 145 degrees F). You can check doneness by cutting a slit in the middle of the pork to check. If you pork is thicker, bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and rest for 3 minutes before serving with your favorite hot sauce or as is.
Watch the cooking video on this page for step-by-step guide.
Amount Per Serving Calories 288Total Fat 18gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 111mgSodium 63mgCarbohydrates 0gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 29g