Slow Cooker Chicken Adobo
I have an easy and amazing classic Chicken Adobo recipe made on a skillet, and this is adobo made in a slow cooker.
Chicken adobo is an excellent recipe for a slow cooker or crock pot. Just have all the ingredients in the crock pot and let it do the magic.
Other Filipino Recipes You Might Like
What is Adobo?
Many people think of adobo, you think of canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce. In Filipino recipes, adobo actually is a type of vinegar-based marinade that consists of soy sauce and garlic.
Adobo is definitely highlighted in this chicken dish that is accented with whole black peppercorns and bay leaves.
When simmering away in the crock pot or slow cooker, the chicken takes on the tanginess of the vinegar.
In addition, the vinegar helps maintain the chicken’s tenderness, and the result, a moist piece of poultry.
One Pot Dinner for the Entire Family
Dinner will be ready for the entire family without much fuss, and the clean up is a breeze as you have only one pot to clean.
Now that it’s back-to-school season, try this crock pot chicken adobo recipe for your family and I guarantee you that even the pickiest eater would love it.
What to Serve with Adobo?
When serving, I recommend simple steamed white rice with a side of romaine lettuce and cucumbers. You can also make cilantro lime rice, which is great for this dish.
Drizzle the adobo sauce over the lettuce and cucumbers for added flavor.
A side of soy sauce for dipping pieces of the chicken into would also be delicious. You can add extra oomph to the soy sauce by whisking in sugar, sliced Thai chili peppers and lime juice.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 334 calories per serving.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 6 skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns (2 g)
- 8 cloves garlic, smashed with the side of a knife and peeled
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (65 mL)
- 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar (125 mL)
- In a crock pot, add all the ingredients in the order listed. Ensure the peppercorns and bay leaves are submerged into the liquid. Cook on high for 5 hours.
- Transfer the chicken to a baking dish and add a half cup of the reserved liquid to the bottom of the dish. Place the chicken underneath the broiler in the oven to brown; approximately 8 minutes, depending on the temperature of the broiler.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and serve.
Recipe by Baked by Joanna.
Serving Size6 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 334Total Fat 24gSaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 142mgSodium 653mgCarbohydrates 3gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 25g